Help setting up TheDark on Kali
Okay, heres the run-down:

Installed everything fine including a lifetime membership to Kali.
Configured Kali to show Diablo, Hellfire, and Hellfire The Dark 4.2

Problem:

1.) No Games show... ever!
2.) I can't create games... ever. Let me elaborate on this. I thought it was my firewall so I shut it off. Anyways, I go to Games, then Launch a Game, then select Hellfire The Dark 4.2. A second window comes up, but it constantly loads and the START THE GAME, and the 4-arrowed buttons are greyed out so I can't start a game. :( Any clues on how to fix this? I've already tried restarting computer and reloading Kali multiple times.

-edit- sometimes it works now, sometimes not after 1 hour of testing. At least the mod is EXCELLENT fun! I highly reccommend it, and I only made it to level 2 with the help of another lurker.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
What is your account?
I plan to play, but my hellfire cd STILL hasn't came yet :(
Hopefully tomorrow.
If you are unable to see games-you may not be on the proper Kali tracker. To check this, log onto Kali and click on the icon which appears in the far left corner of the task bar. This is "settings". Open settings and select "advanced". Make sure the following ip address appears " 66.151.180.5." If that is not the IP address you see, then change to that address. You may then have to exit Kali and log on again for the change to take effect. You should then be able to see all the games. As for launching a game, make sure you check the box which says "allow others to join". If that is not checked, you will not be able to launch a game until someone else joins the launch area. DO NOT check the box which says "allow only this exact version"(don't ask me to explain why, just believe me:)) If the box which allows others to join is grayed out, then you need to configure The Dark as a "custom game. To do this go to the left hand column where all the games are listed. At the bottom of the list you will see "my games." Click on that and then go to the task bar, select games and then "add custom game". You will be asked to fill in a command line. Choose "browse" and select the Hellfire Dark exe. If you follow these instructions, you should be able to launch a Dark game on Kali.
Thenryb,Mar 21 2003, 03:42 AM Wrote:As for launching a game, make sure you check the box which says "allow others to join".  If that is not checked, you will not be able to launch a game until someone else joins the launch area.  DO NOT check the box which says "allow only this exact version"(don't ask me to explain why, just believe me:))
LOL, that was my problem... Thanks for your help. It would only make games when others joined the screen, and now I understand why. As for not seeing games, I now seem to always see Diablo games up :D

Thanks again for the help.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin