Whatever happened to the Fullers?
One of my pet hobbies is ancestry, and so I am often amazed when people don't know the origin of their own surname. Most of these unknowns are often either dead professions, farm names or a variant of a language long forgotten.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category...l_surnames

Some are still obvious like cooper, goldsmith, or carpenter. Others, not so much, like fuller, becker, or granger.

The tradition of taking the name of your profession is gone, so when newly dead professions like trucking, cabbie, chauffeur fall into the scrap heap of history there will be no legacy of surnames left behind.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I had a brush with the Fullers once.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Smile Some old occupations sound hilarious, like knocker upper. Of course, try to explain Web master to anyone over 70.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(08-08-2017, 06:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Smile Some old occupations sound hilarious, like knocker upper. Of course, try to explain Web master to anyone over 70.
Hey! Age discrimination! I am almost 70, and I know what a web master is. However, I still have a typewriter, though I never use it anymore.

I wish I still had my old slide rule, just to impress people. And I am thinking of taking up the abacus. But, I digress.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(08-08-2017, 10:11 AM)Alram Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 06:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Smile Some old occupations sound hilarious, like knocker upper. Of course, try to explain Web master to anyone over 70.
Hey! Age discrimination! I am almost 70, and I know what a web master is. However, I still have a typewriter, though I never use it anymore.

I wish I still had my old slide rule, just to impress people. And I am thinking of taking up the abacus. But, I digress.
>Hint< It is not Spiderman.