Wow.
Read for yourself.

Frankly, I don't know what to think, except that the time to buy an Alienware rig is quite possibly over.

That being said, I may still try and snag a good, cheap Sentia Laptop in the near future, but somehow I don't think that's going to materialize.

So, any thoughts on this? I'm still rather shocked by the announcement, especially since both companies firmly denied it (when is that new?), but also because the general speculation was that it was nothing more than just that: a rumor, probably set up for PR-spin purposes. Now that it's turned out to be an actual fact, I honestly don't know what to think. I'm not the highest fan of Dell, and Alienware IMHO are a tad overpriced for what they offer (as I see it as a system-builder myself), so seeing the two join forces makes me a little uneasy as to the future of the latter brand. I don't know if I can not see Dell's marketing and influence having at least a slight effect on Alienware, and to me that can only be detrimental. But time will tell.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Wow. - by Roland - 03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow. - by DeeBye - 03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Wow. - by Guest - 03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Wow. - by Chesspiece_face - 03-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Wow. - by Guest - 03-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Wow. - by Roland - 03-24-2006, 08:40 PM