Paid Realm Transfer Service
Quote:Is anybody else having a lot of problems with this service? There's only about 2000 posts in the general forums, and wading through the inane rambling it seems that blizz has again underestimated the response they'd get.

My impression is that it's less of a queue and more of a "hit refresh until you're lucky enough to snag a spot that someone just freed up by having their transfer finish", despite blizz calling it a queue. I wouldn't even mind a queue if it gave me some semblence of progress. This is just... defeating me. It's like trying to find a parking spot at disneyland during the july long weekend at 1 pm. :blink:
I have problems with this service, but not that sort of problem. I rolled on the new Aman'Thul realm when it opened a little less than a month ago, partly for the fun of starting at level 0 at the same time as everyone else. Now it seems the server will be open for incoming transfers when it is 90 days old. The AQ gates won't be open by then, and yet people will be able to transfer over characters with the AQ skills and enchants. That ruins the whole new server experience for me.

Having said that, I will probably transfer a character from the Euro realms if only because I can bring a lot of money with him. How are Blizzard going to limit it to 5000 gold? presiumably your invetory comes with you - else you'd lose your mount - and I can think of a lot of ways of using it to multiply the limit if you're rich enough. How much would AQ spell codexes go for on a realm where the gaes aren't open yet, for example? or AQ enchants?

Messages In This Thread
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by MongoJerry - 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by Tal - 06-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by Quark - 06-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by Drasca - 06-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by castille - 06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by vor_lord - 06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by Pantalaimon - 07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Paid Realm Transfer Service - by Flymo - 07-10-2006, 11:32 AM