Does A Teachers Gender Play A Role In Education?
Quote:I dunno.

Competing to impress Ms. Hottie is still a means of motivation. And believe me, in a situation such as this, there is energy to spare. Nothing is lost. Last I checked, most teenage boys have endless reserves of energy when trying to impress a pretty face.

Not so sure I see a fly in the ointment here.

All that matters in the long run is that they learn. I do not care much how they learn, being a pragmatist I don't see much as being bad as far as motivating students to learn, do what ever it takes, within reason. A good teacher will do what ever it takes, and use whatever assets they have, old or young, hot or not.

How many of us have a favourite or trusted teacher that was the older frumpy sort? I can think of one or two.
Yes, energy. There are two ways to get Ms. Hottie's attention. You've been bad Doc, very bad, and now you'll need to stay after class and work with Ms. Hottie, one on one.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Does A Teachers Gender Play A Role In Education? - by kandrathe - 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM