I just bought some games on the cheap
Quote:Doom 3 is a decent tech demo, but as a game it's very bland (and pointlessly dark) once you start shooting stuff. I never really liked the HoMM series so I won't be able to give an unbiased view of that.

I don't know about you, but with my computer I have all the settings on full and have never had any lag problems and the game is simply beautiful. I use the parallax.pk4, plasmaradar.pk4, and doom_enahanced_pk4 modifiers - I got them all from Planet Doom . Parallax really adds some amazing graphical neatness to your game threw 3D texturizing and smoothing out some edges; Plasmaradar adds an ALIENS type-radar to your plasma gun that detects moving objects; and Doom_Enhanced adds all types of funness... lights on the ends of some of your guns with varrying sizes and brightness depending on which gun you use - some guns when fired let off a lot of light instead, extra gore, glibness (bodies stay on the floor), and a few of the guns have modified skins, reload rates, damage ratios but the game is still equaly balanced IMO, and way better sound effects for weapons. Unfortunatly, I couldn't get Doom_Enhanced to work with Ressurrection of Evil because some of the skinning effects clash, but oh well.

I think Doom 3 is one of the funnest games I have ever played SP, however MP is not very fun at all IMO! After I put the kids to bed, I usually start up a game around 10-11-PM, turn off ALL the lights in the house, put on the headphones, and get into the game. The first couple times threw, the game had me on the edge of my seat every night! Now it's just so-so, but the game itself is still great for what it was, despite how I feel about it NOW, which I think your not giving it credit for Roguebanshee. The only thing I wish they could change other than some of the scripted monsters is adding in some randomness to monster spawning and level generation. That would make the replayability near endless for me!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 02:54 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-13-2006, 05:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Munkay - 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Taem - 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM