Realm Splits Incomming?
Quote:That's apparently what's happening.

This is, apparently, how the system will work:

1) If a realm is to be split, players logging on to that realm will get a message giving the option of which realm to transfer to.
2) If the player doesn't select the realm himself, after a while Blizzard makes the choice for him.
3) They check to see if the player is guilded, and if so which realm the majority of his guildmates are on and move them accordingly. (This is of course assuming that the guild itself did not communicate within itself and there's a split between the member base. At which point the guild and its members lose all rights to complain because they are obviously idiots.)
4) If the player is unguilded, perhaps a check to see which arena teams the player is in, and then move accordingly.
5) If none of the above is satisfied, pick lowest population realm and move lazy player to there.

I believe that #3 and perhaps #4 is incorrect based on the official post regarding the matter. It is not based on the majority of the guild members, it is based on the guild leader.

Quote:Will I be able to choose my new realm?

When a realm is chosen to undergo a split, an in-game message at the character-selection screen will prompt all affected players to choose between one of the two new realms being created. The player will be able to make this decision (or change his or her decision) up until the realm-split process has been completed. The realm that the player chooses will be the destination for all characters that the player plays on that realm.

What happens to my characters if I don’t choose?

If a realm is not chosen by the player, each character will be individually relocated to one of the two new realms based on a priority system. The system will first determine whether the character is in a guild and move the character based on the destination of the guild’s leader. If the character is not in a guild, the system will then check if the character is part of an arena team and move the character accordingly. If these conditions do not apply, Blizzard will make the decision for the character(s).

source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#0

Messages In This Thread
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Watto44 - 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Treesh - 01-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Trien - 01-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Jarulf - 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by NiteFox - 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by vor_lord - 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Trien - 01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Artega - 01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by mandydax - 01-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Realm Splits Incomming? - by Treesh - 01-22-2007, 02:31 AM