Do Shamans have a place in end game content?
First, by end-game, I assume you mean raiding.

All classes have a place in end-game raiding. Blizzard has gone out of its way, from what I have seen, to make encounters that cater to the use of each class, at times. I know we missed having a Paladin for quite a while in Karazhan and I have seen similar uses for basically all types of classes, as well.

That said, not all specs are equal. From my reading it sounds like there are some class talent builds that are not necessarily frowned upon by many, but are less welcome. Generally, it sounds like elemental shaman, protection paladins, and perhaps some others are often left out (or relegated to a sub-optimal role) when it comes to raiding. Also, it is important to note that most end-game tanking ends up getting done by warriors (since the mechanics favor them heavily) and any class that can heal tends to get stuck healing due to shortage of players who are willing to heal. The usual exception to the healing thing is shadow priests (who melt fases). :)
-TheDragoon

Messages In This Thread
Do Shamans have a place in end game content? - by TheDragoon - 04-27-2007, 11:35 PM