Quick question.
Quote:I recognize that it's generally bad form to dredge up old-and-passed-by threads, but I felt that this was an exception to the...erm...generality.
With widescreen LCD monitors firmly planted (or hung) in front of keyboards, what are players' solutions? Do folks hang on to a CRT monitor for old gaming purposes?

Did someone develop an easier hack to DirectX? Is there a Windows emulator that runs on a Windows machine?

I've tried everything I can think of to get DI to display correctly on my monitor, but I'm forever missing pixels in all directions.

Any thoughts, other than "play WOW"? ;)

Best regards,

Get a video card that isn't junk? The significant difference between LCD and CRT is that LCD monitors have a native resolution, and the video card is responsible for displaying the image appropriately when the system resolution doesn't match the monitor's. In those cases, my card has options to stretch to fit the screen, stretch to fit (and maintain aspect ratio), or not to stretch at all. If you keep the aspect ratio, there will be blank strips down either side of the screen since D1 doesn't run in a widescreen ratio.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Quick question. - by Kalaroth - 02-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Quick question. - by Nystul - 02-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Quick question. - by .Plaid - 07-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Quick question. - by GhastMaster - 07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Quick question. - by the Langolier - 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Quick question. - by .Plaid - 07-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Quick question. - by [vL]Kp - 07-31-2007, 03:25 AM