Rock Band
Disclaimer: this was originally a reply to a post in the "playing with my wii"-thread, but it went off-topic fast, so I decided to make a new thread.
[/disclaimer]

I beg to differ on 1 issue, g4m.

For multiplayer where people are actually at your house and they are non-gamers...the wii can't be beat.

I've played Wii sports and loved it to bits and first time I tried it with a friend, we played for 11 hours straight. Haven't played it for about 3-4 months though. I wouldn't say I got tired of it; I just felt I was 'done' with it.

Rock Band

This thing however, I assume, will keep me giggling and rockin' for years to come. Read the previews, watch the awesome video clips and interviews with the guys behind the game. I've been following the development of this game since its inception, and it seems Harmonix are doing everything right. Every article I read, every interview I hear, I get more and more excited about this game.

For the uninitiated, Rock Band is an extension of the Guitar Hero-franchise where players are outfitted with a model guitar which allows them to play 'notes' that appear on stage. (no knowledge of music or notes required though). Rock Band takes it a step further and adds bass, microphone and drum kit (!) allowing four players to get their rock on to all sub-genres of rock and roll music. You can play multiplayer and single player alike. The multiplayer can be played locally or over the Internet. The next generation platforms allow the developer to constantly add new stuff, most importantly new songs that can be downloaded and played, keeping the game fresh. For more information, check wikipedia

screenies

edit: having now read my post, I find it's nothing more than a blatant ad for Rock Band. Sorry about that. It was originally a stab at Wii's dominance as the world's leading multiplayer-friendly console.

Apologies.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
Rock Band - by [wcip]Angel - 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Rock Band - by Baylan - 10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Rock Band - by [wcip]Angel - 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Rock Band - by Baylan - 10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Rock Band - by Raelynn - 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM