The Nvidia GeForce 8800GT looks incredible
Quote:I actually have some DDR2 that is spec'd for 1066MHz (and can supposedly go faster via overclock). I saw some 1200MHz sticks available, as well, but it was outrageously expensive so I didn't go for it.

As for brands, I use some Ballistix RAM. It is awesome. :)
I would also echo Quark's point that you should invest in a good-ish power supply. I opted for a good Thermaltake supply for my girlfriend's computer (it's nice and quiet) and I use a PC Power and Cooling supply for my computer. Both get rave reviews on a number of websites (like Tom's Hardware or Newegg) and I have had no problems so far.

I have used Ballistix RAM for years and PC P&C supplies for decades. I had one bad supply from PC P&C. It was a custom version and the crimping on one of the motherboard connectors was such that the pins made intermittent contact. I still recommend their supplies, however.

My most recent Ballistix purchase was just a couple weeks ago, and once again my computer is not crashing every fifteen minutes while playing WoW. My complaint with the Ballistix is that it does not last very long. I have had the same problem with many sticks in multiple motherboards and systems. Fortunately Micron has always been willing to replace bad parts, but doing so is a pain and it is that time again. As long as Ballistix works it works very well indeed.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
The Nvidia GeForce 8800GT looks incredible - by LavCat - 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM