Loot Generation
So, pretty much like in other Blizzard games then. Not really a surprise.

Quote: It has long been debated about whether loot tables were determined when you kill a boss or when the boss is spawned. Now we know.

I never understood the point of debating this, why would it matter? I can understand if one wondered if some player affected ingame stats was used to create items but other than that, it is a quite pointless discussion except from perhaps an academic point of view.

Quote:I wonder if someone will ever find a way to game the generator, as was found with Diablo 1?

Ehh, what do you refer to? Manipulating your own game? The problem here is that the game is not based on your computer or run on your computer so you can't affect it that way.

Quote: Once you know exactly how loot is generated, you could theoretically time an instance creation down to the exact second that will produce, say, a Warglaive from Illidan.

Rather timing it to the exact milli- or microsecond. Still, you don't really control the actual creation time since it is not done on your computer.

There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Loot Generation - by Bolty - 02-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Loot Generation - by Jarulf - 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Loot Generation - by Taelas - 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Loot Generation - by Lissa - 02-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Loot Generation - by Taelas - 02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Loot Generation - by Klaus - 02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Loot Generation - by Taelas - 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Loot Generation - by Zippyy - 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM