Black Death Bug
Quote:Of course there is the well-documented bug involving Black Deaths and Mana Shield (the MS Bug), wherein a character with MS activated will not get stunned if their total HP is less than the damage from a BD hit.

I agree with you, though, that BD hits are supposed to reduce a char's total HP.

It could be a case of vagueness: the poster spoke of a BD bug while referring to the MS Bug.

Best regards,

//edit for replace "die" with "get stunned"

hey i just made an account and gotta make a reply real quick. Plaid you are correct except the stun proof "bug" (more of a exploit) works by, if your character has less hp than your Level (i.e. 28 hp, lvl 34), you will not get stunned. so what mages used to do back in the day is go down to black deaths, and get killed repeatedly, losing 1 max hp each time. eventually your max hp would be less than your level, then you will never be stunned.

you can also achieve the same effect by just casting blood stars or being injured down to the same hps instead, but this can be negated by hitting a shrine that heals on accident or etc, and then you are stunnable again. thanks for reading if you still play Diablo 1 i'm about to post,may be of interest! RD

Messages In This Thread
Black Death Bug - by GhastMaster - 07-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Black Death Bug - by .Plaid - 07-24-2007, 04:48 AM
Black Death Bug - by [vL]Kp - 07-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Black Death Bug - by prototype - 02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Black Death Bug - by ronnied - 02-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Black Death Bug - by Nystul - 02-24-2008, 07:14 PM