Consumers are too stupid to make good choices
Quote:I'm personally happy that I don't have to run around changing light bulbs all the time since we switched to CFL. With incandescents, we couldn't go a week without something burning out. In fact, I was pretty sure that the act of changing one light bulb was what caused another one to burn out somewhere else in the house. :ph34r:

I have no idea what your talking about. My 60W to 100W bulbs lasted for months before burning out. These damn new screw-shaped bulbs seem to last just a little longer than their predecessors. I fail to see how I could possibly be using them incorrectly, so I assume the bulbs just suck and don't do what they advertise on the package (I usually buy a pack of 6-bulbs from Costco). If heat really does play a role in their longevity, then that might explain how certain bulbs seem to always burn out every other month, while others have been working without problem for a least a year and both have been in use about the same amount of time.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Consumers are too stupid to make good choices - by Taem - 04-02-2008, 12:17 AM