Question about the Diablo Universe
Quote:I was wondering who Naj and Aguinara are? They'd have to be talented and potent magicians, I guess.

Nobody rightly knows. NLP has a Holy Defender/Blackoak Shield for a beltbuckle, but that's about as close as we get to any identifying marks.

But I contest your assertion that Aguinara was a talented magician. I believe Aguinara was retarded or insane. No lucid mage would do that to an axe.

Quote:Messerschmidt and Schaefer must be great warriors. Civerb and Arkaine must have had interesting lives, too... And who is 'The Overlord' ?

Great warrior? Pfft, Messerschmidt learned the folly of his ways the first time he took his axe for a spin in Hell/Hell.

I suspect Schaefer's Hammer is named after either Erich Schaefer or Max Schaefer. Civerb's Cudgel is probably named after either Peter or David Brevik.

"OverLord's Helm" doesn't contain "The," so it could refer to any generic overlord.

As for Arkaine, ask the townies about him! :p

Quote:I'm pretty interested in any infos you can come up with. Perhaps there are even stories and essays out there, written by Diablo Fans and contributing to the overall gloomy ambiance

Certain variants assign importance to certain uniques. Check the Goth and the Amazon.

Quote:I have a strong feeling that Diablo II does not contribute much to it, and logically contradicts Diablo I in some parts, especially concerning the power of some unique items.

The biggest contradiction that comes to mind is Cathan. D1 manual pg 45 mentions Cathan as a "devout priest who was also a fierce warrior." (He invented Holy Bolt.) In D2, however, the Cathan set items are *sorceress* items. :p

Hey, how come you didn't mention Rod of Onan? :p

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Messages In This Thread
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Fragbait - 06-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Yogi_Baar - 06-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Fragbait - 06-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Jane - 06-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Cytrex - 06-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Jane - 06-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Yogi_Baar - 06-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by LemmingofGlory - 06-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Question about the Diablo Universe - by Zyr - 06-19-2003, 04:26 AM