When management crosses the line
Not so much favoritism, etc. as ... well ... um ... issues. I talked with a S.C.O.R.E. group about small business startup activity in a particular area, to get a feel for the potential need for my services regarding intellectual property matters. I found out some interesting things, about the intersection of ego and reality.

Example: We already have somebody who advises clients on intellectual property law matters, he's a retired executive with some patents in his name. If he tells a client that the client's proposed name for the client's business clears the Sec. of State's Office then it's good to go. (Um, not exactly, it may be fine with the Sec. of State, but there could still be issues with trademarks, etc.) Further, he advises clients that patent protection is not useful, because of the high costs of defense (effectively recommending that S.C.O.R.E. clients start a business without protecting the business' assets).

Maybe I'm in the wrong business. Perhaps I should go to this small-mid sized city area, buy products from S.C.O.R.E. clients then mercilessly rip them off with exact copies, sold at a lower price because I didn't have to develop them:P

Messages In This Thread
When management crosses the line - by DeeBye - 06-20-2008, 03:38 AM
When management crosses the line - by Munkay - 06-24-2008, 12:17 AM
When management crosses the line - by Tris - 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM