Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period?
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jun 23 2003, 11:20 PM Wrote:[...] struck to the very heart of the matter.  No one bothers to stop and understand the rules' whys and wherefores.  When the regulars attempt to "educate", it may go well... but it most often is met with defiance and even hostility.
This has been building for quite some time, as well. It seems that every other thread becomes, if not begins as, a few of the regulars blasting some poor schmuck who discovered these forums, registered and posted his first 18 polls all in a 90 second window.

Let's face it: we're essentially a "snooty" forum. We expect a fairly high degree of class here, and when we don't get it, we get unhappy. Currently, we're like a snooty golf course that lets anyone in, and then tries to chase out the bums after they sleep on the greens.

I'd also like to echo Nico's thoughts on the admins: I have the highest respect for the job they all do, and I understand that often the forums can be left to moderate themselves. However, we are no longer the little-known forum we once were. There are alot of new viewers, new posters. It simply may not be enough to flame the scum -- we have to put up a fence.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Raz - 06-24-2003, 03:41 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by gekko - 06-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Guest - 06-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 06:17 PM