Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period?
Ice,Jun 25 2003, 02:53 AM Wrote:Maybe a short paragraph or page (if possible) before or during the registration process detailing the standards expected here?
We have this. Several of them. They're little links all over the place. We constantly point them out to people. They don't read them. What's one more? This, by the way, is why I was against making the etiquette "offical." Not because I don't think it should be read; I wish we could force feed it to a few recent posters here. I simply don't believe adding more paragraphs, pages, links, suggestions, or FAQ's is going to help when the problem posters don't read them anyways.

It'll be a shame if we miss out on a new member because they are too impatient to wait a few days before posting (something most everyone should do, whether forced to or not). However, the vast majority of new members who can't take a short waiting period problably wouldn't last here anyways.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Raz - 06-24-2003, 03:41 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Guest - 06-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by gekko - 06-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 06:17 PM