The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean
Quote:But I don't feel that the freedom of the media has to be curtailed to protect my privacy, which is, I think, the essence of this discussion; how much freedom is each of us willing to sacrifice for the illusion of protection.
This may be the point of confusion; I'm not interested in curtailing anyones 1st amendment freedom. I'm interested in strengthening a persons 4th amendment freedom. The question I would pose is "Say you find yourself in possession of private information, what is the "correct" action to take with that information?".

To me, it matters not if you are the government, a business, the media, or a private individual who has been mistakenly mailed the wrong bank statement. The law protecting our 4th amendment rights should make it illegal to reveal private information about each other, whether that be medical, legal, financial, or prurient.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean - by kandrathe - 05-14-2009, 06:25 PM