Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:I'm not so sure the gamibt has failed yet. Rafsanjani is the leader of the council that oversees the laws and, more importantly, has the ability to remove Khameni from his post. *IF*, and that's a big if, Rafsanjani can show to the council that Khameni's rule is bringing about the potential destruction of Iran from within or can be shown to grabbing power and going against the revolution that started the present rule in Iran, Rafsanjani could get the council to remove Khameni and then institute a new clerical leader that is more in line with Rafsanjani's beliefs and allow more democracy within Iran. It all depends on if Rafsanjani can give enough rope to Khameni at this point to have Khameni effectively hang himself. If Khaemni doesn't fall for the trap, then Rafsanjani has basically hung himself. Right now they're both playing russian roulette and we'll have to see who ends up with the bullet.

Apparently things are heating up behind the scenes. Wednesday night, about 100 of the parliment members of Iran snub Ahmadajin's victory party. One cleric on the guardian council is calling for some of the protestors to be executed while the cleric most like to replace Khameni is calling the crack down an afront against Allah.. Mouvshi (or however you spell his name) is, and has been, under house arrest for about a week now (explains him not being seen in public).

One comment I saw, and it holds true, is someone has to become the Iranian Yeltsin for things to happen. Whether Mouvshi (again spelling) becomes that or someone else does, it's the only way the Iranian people will move forward to what they really want.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by Lissa - 06-26-2009, 05:33 PM