Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago
Quote:You misunderstood my post. Louie and Al were mentioned separately from Obama's friends. They were just mentioned as being two wonderful individuals who get away with spewing crap, and about whom no one makes a big deal about. As though they are entitled to their point of view and nothing else.
To refresh everyone's memory, the relevant sentence was:

Quote:However, compared to wonderful people like Louis Farakkhan, Al Sharpton, or a host of supposedly "former" friends of our current president, this worm is a lightweight.
If that's not supposed to imply that Louis Farrakhan (and Al Sharpton) were examples of "former" friends of the president, then you seriously need to work on clarity in communication. Especially because, unlike Farrakhan, Obama actually knows Al Sharpton.

Quote:Edit: Just because Obama is supposedly no longer a friend of people like Rev. Wright (yeh, ok) it does not mean that he does not still share their ideas. You do not keep a friendship with people for many years if you do not see things similarly and people do not suddenly change overnight. You can not make a bullet out of s..t. You are what you are.
I've been friends for years and years with people who do not see things similarly - and yet they remain my friends. Is your social group so homogenous that I can just assign any of their beliefs to you, sight unseen? Mine sure isn't like that. This is doubly true when comparing one generation to another - Wright is a full 20 years older than Obama, and those were a hell of a 20 years for the black community.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago - by Jester - 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM