There is only one goddess Gaia and Al Gore is her only prophet...
Quote:From a practical point of view, the biggest benefit of geothermal can be access within a few hundred feet of the surface.

Again I've never really heard this, not for any type of moderate or larger scale generation. Of course all geothermal is is dictated by local geography, but there is a reason that commercial application has only been in places where there are natural hotspots, or that the single house geothermal stuff doesn't work anywhere. You do a few kilometers drilling and you can pretty much get geothermal anywhere.

Quote:Check out his involvement with Silver Springs, or Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers, or Generation Investment Management, which then subsequently benefit from the recent "stimulus" of 34 billion into the clean energy promotion. At best, he's a lobbyist who uses his status and prestige to convince his erstwhile cronies in Washington to spend taxpayers money and enact policy that directly benefits him.

Not all lobbyists are in it for the personal gain. Some actually believe in what they are preaching, I know it's hard to believe that with any thing connected to politics at this stage in the game.

Quote:P.S. Potato, Tomato. Gaia, or Gaea. Perhaps you might write to these folks and instruct them on their error.

I don't think it was Gaia or Gaea that he was picking on, I think it was the phrasing, at least that's how I read it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
There is only one goddess Gaia and Al Gore is her only prophet... - by Kevin - 11-22-2009, 03:39 PM