School spies on kids through student laptops
Hi,

Quote:I have been thinking about this statement. You are not the first to say this to me. And, while I applaud the sentiment, I can't agree. I do care what people know about me, because it can and always will colour their perceptions of me and mine.

. . .

So while I salute your cavalier attitude, I certainly can't share it. The world is full of people who judge quickly and completely on small bits of information. It is human nature.
While I completely agree with what you've said, it is the final implication that I do not accept. I agree, what people think of you *is* based on what they know of you. Where I disagree is that what people think of you matters. When I started turning gray, my mother suggested that I dye my hair, my response was, "Why should I bother, I already have a wife and a job." :whistling:

I'm an irritating, arrogant, opinionated, sob and I know it. If that doesn't put a person off, then that's a pretty tolerant person and little that I've done in the past would matter. I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I can (and have) lived with the shame of my failings. And the statute of limitations covers the rest. :D

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
School spies on kids through student laptops - by --Pete - 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM