Has Comcast improved their service & customer service?
Quote:I've been using Comcast for about 7 years now in NJ, and a few small problems aside, they have been good if not great to deal with.
Comcast has only been in this part of NJ for a couple of years, since they bought out the ISP I had previously been using. I find the service generaly satifactory, but then I originally played WoW on dialup. Comcast offers a confusing plethora of plans, and the $56/mo plan I have is no longer available to new subscribers.

Up time is usually good. What seems like every couple months they will go down for a few hours in the middle of the night -- prime WoW time. I assume this is for maintenence. Usually the connection is solid, but some nights recently I have been disconnecting every 15 or 30 minutes. Hard for me to say whether this is the ISP's fault however. In any event last night there were no disconnects (until I fell asleep).

At work we have Verizon. My gut observation is that Comcast gives better up time than Verizon, at least in this location.

My fear is that Comcast will move to a metered service. My router's statistics show I use an average of 5.5 GBytes/day. That's just light web surfing, email, and WoW.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
Has Comcast improved their service & customer service? - by LavCat - 03-11-2010, 09:37 PM