Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused!
(07-01-2010, 04:30 PM)shoju Wrote: My initial thoughts are that the gear inflation / reset is a tad overdone.

I know that all current gear will be getting reworked in 4.0, but the ilvl jump of nearly 100 from top tier t10 to lvl85 starter epics leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Why? Are you really that attached to your current gear?

I've been saying a big reset was coming for months. It's the only way I could see where they could handle having decent quest leveling for both:

1) people in 251-277
2) people at 78 in Northrend quest greens.

From a thread elsewhere, it's said that level 78 mobs in Hyjal have about 12600 health, same as many in Icecrown. But, by level 81, quest mobs are 30K+, so yeah, gear reset.

Just too big an arc to cover any other way. Also, they want to get you in more stam gear, no matter what your class, and get you used to the new way they want to do things.

I personally don't care about putting my epics away or selling them. I'll get more later, after all. I got them to do a job, and now I'm getting items for a new job. <shrug>

Also, people doing Naxx in T6 just felt wrong to me, so I'm happy they're not going that way this time.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused! - by Mavfin - 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM