Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused!
(07-01-2010, 05:16 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Why? Are you really that attached to your current gear?
No reason for this personal attack.

On topic, I agree with Shoju that this seems a bit extreme. Things could get reset perfectly well without jumping from ~300 dps 2-handers to 650 dps 2-handers. The Classic-to-TBC and TBC-to-WotLK approaches seemed a good balance, to me, that if you had a ton of end-game TBC gear then you had a pretty good set of gear for the first 5 levels or so. Now it seems Blizzard has changed that approach and the end-game WotLK gear is being set up to be useless right out of the box (or close to). I guess they want to force all characters (be they new characters that go to Cataclysm areas at 78 in Northrend quest items or WotLK end-game raiders) to have the same difficulty when questing in the new areas. But even then, it seems a bit extreme to me.

In the end, it doesn't really matter other than this approach seems to make the "big numbers get ridiculously big" a more extreme than seems particularly necessary. Smile
-TheDragoon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused! - by TheDragoon - 07-01-2010, 05:40 PM