Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused!
Sunetra was for the most part a t5 geared ret paladin with a couple of odd pieces from BT (cloak, ring, maybe one other thing), and while I never felt in danger of dying in Borean tundra, I had irritations starting in dragonblight, and didn't feel incredibly over the top after that point.

I liked the balance of leveling in wrath. My weak pieces were replaced quickly, my good pieces stuck around, and I had a few pieces (that were arguably fantastic pieces at 70) that made it into naxx, and a couple of those were just because I was a little poor (no DMC:G off the bat) or had bad RNG in the heroics.

When I leveled my mage who had 2 epic pieces of loot at wrath launch (shoulders from the invasion and the badge wand) I didn't feel a lot different. Sure, Borean Tundra took a little longer, but not much, and I still had a piece of TBC gear when I hit 80 (that wand with its socket was AWESOME).

Both characters leveled fine. so my mage took a little longer. Big deal, it was hardly noticable. So I did a little less DPS in a dungeon. Big deal, it was a leveling dungeon.

I remember when I leveled my hunter, he was in heirlooms and tbc socketable gear when he hit northrend. The big difference between him and the mage, was that his gear was infinitely better because I had more socketable gear. He was probably the fastest to 80, aided by my knowledge of northrend, and Wrath gems in TBC gear.

I think that this is looking like a massive amount of overkill. I don't think that it needs to be this steep of a reset to get to the point where they don't want the next ensidia facerolling their content in <60hours.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused! - by shoju - 07-01-2010, 07:35 PM