Dungeon Siege 3 - anyone give it a shot?
Hail all,

Hope all is well with everyone. Dungeon Siege 3 has caught my eye but I'm a bit skeptical of it- namely the RPG qualities. I trust Lurker Lounge's advice on the authenticity of an Action RPG over any others, so I ask if anyone can offer some words of their experience thus far.

One big concern is the "end game". In Diablo 2, killing Diablo/Baal is just the beginning. Players had the opportunity to continue onward to test their willpower and determination against much tougher versions of their foes. In Dungeon Siege 3, it seems the difficulty is meant to be picked from the start, instead of a tiered structure. In the demo I was able to get through the hardest difficulty without breaking much sweat (just had to dodge a lot). Few random internet comments are suggesting it to be ~13 hour single play through with no challenges, bosses, zones, quests, or reason to continue playing.

I understand the Dungeon Siege series never had the depth of Diablo, so I'm not expecting them to change much from their previous formula. My impressions from the demo is that the combat and interface is designed for consoles. Controlling the camera is often more of a struggle than the enemies. Each gear slot has its own tab that you have to select to upgrade equipment. Picking up gold/items is not fluid and often times have to click frantically around it. Your skills and key binds seem simple, being easily accessed for a few controller buttons.

Just wondering if any Lurkers have their opinions (which I hold in the highest regard) on this matter Smile Just a quick note that if anyone plays StarCraft 2 and wants to play, feel free to add me via BNET ID MonTy.192

Cheers!
-MonTy

Messages In This Thread
Dungeon Siege 3 - anyone give it a shot? - by MonTy - 06-18-2011, 05:17 PM