Dungeon Siege 3 - anyone give it a shot?
(06-21-2011, 05:54 PM)Crusader Wrote: Well said Kandrathe. And I agree with GG too. But when you take a PC-only game series and adapt it so that you can play it on consoles, you sacrifice too much. Imagine our worst nightmare; Diablo 3 on Consoles. Imagine the sacrifices made. Imagine the AGONY!

Now, I must say I loved Oblivion. I've seen what is promised in Skyrim and I try not to get hyped. One promise they made and have shown (somewhat) is NPC's dynamically adapting to situations affecting their town. And the NPC's supposedly aren't shit-for-brained any more with their random outbursts of nuttiness. They'll also react more realistically to players. They might pick up items the players drop, or fight over them. We'll have to wait and see.
I think a great comparison is Oblivion versus Dragon Age, The Awakening. Even in looking at how they award the Achievements tells much about their understanding of "game" play. I've been through it twice, and that's it. There is no way I'm going to replay the exact same story 6 times to get all the Achievements for each character type. I'm not a play tester, I'm the gamer -- let me play!

Now, I could imagine Diablo3 done right on a console. There is no reason it wouldn't work exactly as D1 and D2 did on the PC. You need to look at how some of the co-op games are done right on the networked consoles now.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dungeon Siege 3 - anyone give it a shot? - by kandrathe - 06-21-2011, 06:10 PM