I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-13-2012, 06:25 AM)eppie Wrote: This is really a case of being against something and than playing the religion card to protest.
I guess I don't understand what you mean. If someone is black and offended, then speaks out, are they playing the race card? If Catholics are upset that the government is forcing them to go against their beliefs, and they speak out, I don't see that as playing a card so much as standing up for themselves. The politics of this are very simple. They don't like it, and so they are going to use the pulpit to tell their adherents to vote against, and deny these people (who betrayed them) any more time in power.

Quote:The reason the health care system is so bad is because the republicans like little children have tried to block everything Obama wanted to do.....even if they supported his proposals they would vote against, just because.
Actually, the Democrats forced their way past the Republicans objections. There were no compromises. They were the minority in 2008, and were shut out of the process.

The reason our social systems are so bad is because they are overly complex, fractured, and spend too much on overhead, and not enough on helping people. If you are hungry, homeless, sick, and jobless you need to see at least 6 different agencies to get help. And, if you are elderly, then make that 10 agencies.

Quote:I am also against people using my taxes to support churches or investing more in road than in rails or subsidizing fishers or meat-eating, but that doesn't mean I am against taxes.
You are being ironic. Of course you aren't against taxes. Smile

Quote:And about medical insurance....I think it is not just the Catholics but all of us that actually hope we will not have to use it.
But, I do hope I use birth control. At least daily.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 02-13-2012, 06:46 AM