I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-22-2012, 06:13 PM)Jester Wrote: Harvard doesn't (and didn't) just strictly accept the top academic slice of students. That's a sure way to get your student body to boil over, with lots of splattered bodies in Harvard yard. They accept some slice of students with slightly lower marks, but who have distinguished themselves in some other way - no doubt his community organizer past looked like an asset.
Well, not much of a past, but in 1986/7 it was his recent present. He started the organizer stint in 82, and he started Harvard Law in 1988. He wasn't cum laude at Columbia. Harvard Law base qualifications are LSAT 169 to 175 and a GPA above 3.72.

Quote:Diversity is also a major factor for admissions committees, which probably helped. No doubt, given his eloquence and inspiring personal history, he wrote a hell of an application. There are all sorts of reasons why he might have been accepted. Given his record at Harvard Law and since, they clearly made the right choice.
They also require at least three stellar recommendations. You can't just eloquently talk your way into the program.

Quote:Or we can spin conspiracies about the Muslim Brotherhood, based on practically nothing. That's also cool. I mean, if Trump's on board, there must be something to it, right?
Well, there is more to it than just some rich guy with questions. There is the recorded interview where Percy Sutton said he was introduced to Obama by Al Mansour who was helping him raise the funds to attend Harvard.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM