I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-23-2012, 10:24 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Almost every politician or other figures in any position of authority or otherwise elite position in society has connections of some sort. Hate to pull the race card here, but it applies: people only care about his connections because of the COLOR OF HIS SKIN. If Obama was white, it would hardly matter. That's good you dont care about it (I dont either), but sadly, a lot of shallow, misinformed ignorant, and most likely ethnocentric religious right wingers do.

I agree.

(02-23-2012, 10:24 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I'm not so concerned about ANY presidents connections, because I know all of them are connected to people that someone or another will take issue with.

But I see a difference between a president that goes to war to shift tax payers money to his friends oil, defence and building companies and a president that tries (maybe a bit unhandy) to get medical coverage for everybody.

(02-23-2012, 10:24 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: At the end of the day, the president and congress are only a puppet for the corporate elite that rule society anyways, so what does it matter who is connections are, be it some neo-Nazi, a Christian Fundi organization, a radical environmentalist group, or a Marxist? When all is said and done, his purpose is the same: to uphold the interest of the ruling class/corporations that help him keep his job, at the expense of ordinary citizens well-being.

Even though Kandrathe's ideas about Obama's muslim connections are ridculous, of course in principe it can be true. We all now that it is a very small step for rich and powerfull christians to become very close with rich and powerful muslims. Surpressing people using christianity or islam is not so much different, and seeing that Obama is also practising religious we are right to always question him.

Anyway in this case.....if Obama has a hidden pro-muslim agenda he keeps it hidden extremely well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by eppie - 02-24-2012, 10:38 AM