I'm confused about the American Republican party
(03-13-2012, 11:25 AM)eppie Wrote: Are you saying this polling organisation is a biased one? To me it seems they took a pretty large group of republican voters (the party we are discussing in this thread).
It really depends on their methodology. Going to the nearby clan rally and tractor pull would skew the results. I'm worried about a representative sample. Then, if there is evidence of racism, I'd want show that it correlates to "being republican" rather than "being white in Alabama". What the poller has done is toss in an incendiary question, and left the surrounding demographic analysis out resulting in what might be an aberration to this sample, or general opinion of "white people in Alabama".

Is PPP biased? You tell me. I researched them. Did you?

Quote:Well I think many of us already suggested here that the religious conservative voters base in the US is not known for its intelligence.
But indeed this poll was conducted only using republican respondents...but again, that is why i posted the link.
And, I would reply that you are exposing yourself to be as much of a bigot as they are. You want to use this poll to paint a picture, whereas the reality is that there are idiots, and savants throughout our culture, some are democrats, and some are republicans. Some are educated, and some are not. There is more of a correlation between level of education, and acting intelligently, or accepting the theory of evolution for that matter. So, the issue is not inherent stupidity, merely a lack of education.

I would add that for both parties, the uneducated voters tend to act, and vote selfishly. But, that is their right. We don't like it, but that's democracy.

Also, as an afterthought. You also seem to be indicating that people who believe in God are doing so from a position of ignorance. Smart people, like you, are atheists. Smart people, like you, accept the theory of evolution. Smart people, like you, lean to the left politically. Republicans are not like you, so they must be stupid. However, many prominent intelligent people, such as our democrat president are professed believers in God. Again, you are taking common attributes, such as religiosity, or poorly educated, and creating a caricature of a republican. Whereas to do the same thing for poor southern black Baptists would be reprehensible.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 03-13-2012, 06:58 PM