I'm confused about the American Republican party
(03-20-2012, 06:13 PM)Jester Wrote: So, maybe ending the war on drugs would be a good step one to fixing women's marriage prospects. Smile
That is a factor I hadn't considered. Some of this goes all the way back to the mid - 1800's slavery days where any traditional sense of family was destroyed. I think some of it reflects a cultural rejection of White Anglo Saxon Protestant values, in favor of defining the values of "The Black Community" in the US.

I think the worst part of it is the institutional barriers government has imposed on marriage in tax laws, and by penalizing poor people for being married (e.g. getting more government aid for being an unmarried mother without a supporting spouse).

And, again we return to government interfering with peoples relationships. It's not only biasing for/against gay marriage, but also marriage of the poor.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM