I'm confused about the American Republican party
(03-28-2012, 02:38 PM)eppie Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 12:34 AM)Taem Wrote: Do you really not know how important slavery was to working Americans running cotton and agriculture farms? The price of having to pay laborers as opposed to free labor was huge blow to... damn, I don't even know why I have to explain something so obvious.

You are kidding right?

I'm not purporting the advent or profession of the slavery trade here, merely stating a fact about the effects of removing slavery from a country whose income was dependent upon slaves [at the time]. This isn't a joke, and it was a reality of the times. In the context I was discussing it in regards to political parties of the times and those effected, it was consistent with the example I communicated to FireIceTalon. Please, don't try applying this logic to today's standards, because it is wrong, and I wholly find slavery and exploitation of human beings to be disgusting and vile, but the reality that it [was] done in the past for profit of the individual working-man and/or corporations remains and indisputable fact. I hope that clears things up for you.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by Taem - 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM