I'm confused about the American Republican party
(03-29-2012, 09:34 PM)Mavfin Wrote: but taking away people's 2nd amendment rights

Just to point something out here which might not be blatantly obvious to the American Lurkers - the 2nd amendment is solely a US thing. It's really hard for me as a non-American to put something like gun ownership on the exact same level as freedom of religion or freedom of the press. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying it's hard to wrap my non-American brain around it. It's like saying "Congress shall pass no law prohibiting the ownership of a lawn mower".

Then you get people arguing about owning lawn mowers. Are we allowed to own multiple gas-powered mowers? No! Too much power! You may only have a single push mower, and push it gently while apologizing to the grass as you go. Gas-powered mowers for all, we need to protect out lawns from the invasive blades of grass! No one needs that much lawn mowing ability!

Granted, a gun is a tool designed to kill and a lawn mower is only designed to maim multiple blades of grass in the most gruesome and efficient way possible - but they are just tools and objects.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by DeeBye - 03-30-2012, 03:08 AM