I'm confused about the American Republican party
(04-03-2012, 12:05 AM)Tal Wrote:
(04-02-2012, 08:38 PM)AngryCommie Wrote: If my views piss you off, I don't know what to say - but that is hardly my intention. Meat made a post a few pages back that really got under my skin, though I doubt that was his intention. If I was here to troll, I'd have been long gone by now, either by your hand, or mine out of boredom.

I'd think that except for the fact that when a question is asked, like I did earlier in this thread, you don't answer. My original post in this thread was something along the lines of stating your opinion was a slippery slope and how would you even begin to define it. Eppie made some stabs at answering my question and he's not even FROM this country. Instead you drag in examples that have nothing to do with the matter at hand and point at that dog and pony show to deflect from what you originally said. (See Godwining the thread by invoking Hitler) Those are all trollish behaviors.

(04-02-2012, 08:38 PM)AngryCommie Wrote: Even if my example wasn't the best, I think my ultimate point, that there are limits on all general freedoms, including free speech, is quite clear.

And my ultimate point was that it's best to minimize the restrictions on freedoms like Free Speech. (I didn't realize that I would need to summarize so early into the discussion.)

(04-02-2012, 08:38 PM)AngryCommie Wrote: I think you are conflating my learning of stuff with AGREEING with it.

No I'm questioning whether you've learned anything in Political Science. The view from the cheap seats is that if you have learned anything, even if you disagreed with it, it didn't STICK with you.

I shouldn't have to research your point for you if you're getting a degree in this stuff. Stop spouting, do your research and come back with a well thought out and supported argument.

So now I have A learning disability? Wow. And I love how you said it in such a politically correct way as to appear you weren't personally insulting my intelligence. ROFL. I also love how whenever Hitler is brought up in a political discussion you always have one person screaming "That's Godwin's Law!!".....

Well, for someone who hasn't or isn't learning anything in his major, I must have the all time record academic performance (with a cumulative GPA of near 3.9) for such individuals. Damn, I'm awesome. Tongue

And I already answered your question numerous times, you just didnt like the particular answers I gave you, because it isn't what you wanted to hear. I'm not in the business of telling people what they want to hear (I will leave that to people like President Obama), I'm telling them what they need to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by FireIceTalon - 04-03-2012, 01:15 AM