Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions?
(05-18-2012, 03:12 PM)Arethor Wrote: My build I used most of last night was this one. I've found Fetish Army does a pretty good amount of AE damage in a small area around your character when you first cast it, and then there's lots of little guys to do damage and run interference.

So glad to hear that about Fetish army I was looking at that as a very likely replacement for the spider queen/horrify (as that slot is going to get a skill of that nature when I'm not just going purely DPS). Sure I won't be able to direct them to the current melting spot as well as the queen, but knowing they do a decent amount of initial burst and then work as interference sounds like they could be the supplementary escape skill I was hoping for.

I agree about the damage. I'm still one hand + off hand because the base DPS on the 2 handers (I find a lot that have lower damage than my 1H + OH and I still like to have the option for a shield in HC so it's an easier swap) hasn't been able to beat the +damage and stats on the off hand + 1 hand, but I'm always on the look out. I also love socketed weapons and rubies for the +damage. As you say it adds a bunch of damage. I was lucky to get a fairly good DPS dagger with a socket and +50 int on it around L23. The socket has kept it's damage competitive longer and I'm hoping I'll replace it soonish (I'm 28 now I think) but yes.

Oh and a general comment to everyone in the thread, very much enjoy reading the impressions like this, it works better for my poking and testing to see if it matches up or if there was a usage I didn't think about. While the raw numbers matter, I still like the fun factor and I look for the ideal of great fun factor + good numbers. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by DeeBye - 05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Kevin - 05-18-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Zedd - 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM