Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
All I can say to the OP is, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet. Nightmare is challenging, but perfectly playable. Hell is where things start to get a bit hairy, but if you make a few decent gear upgrades relative to where you are, you can get through it. Inferno on the other hand, is just....I don't really know how to describe it. A commonly used term for it is "overtuned", which I think its pretty appropriate. With Inferno, you have to have quite solid gear from the get-go, and it is probably wise to farm gear AT LEAST one full act in advance of where you are trying to go, though Act 2 is likely a special case, since it is the hardest of the 4. I am still in Act 1, but most people in the later acts are saying they had to buy Act 3/4 gear from the AH just to be able to get through Act 2.

Overall, I don't think us ranged people have it much better. With all the immobilizers and gap closers that elites/champs have, we are pretty much in the same boat as you guys most of the time. In fact, it may be even worse for us, because we (especially DH's) cannot tank whatsoever. Inferno just plain sucks, thats all there really is to it. I'm starting to figure it out some, and one day I will beat it, but it doesn't really make it anymore fun - and I am not sure I have the energy or will to take it on with 5 different classes.. It just plain TEDIOUS - and way too much of a grind to be enjoyable. Because I simply just want to farm the best gear and play high end PvP anyway, I am strongly considering beating Inferno with just by DH, leveling the rest of my chars to 60 but keeping them out of Inferno, and using just my DH to farm gold/items and use the AH to buy top notch gear for my other chars. When they are fully geared in their final suits, or close enough to it, then I may consider going through Inferno with them, but PvP will probably be my primary focus.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by FireIceTalon - 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM