Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(05-31-2012, 03:13 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Wait a sec... First of all you have limited the possible builds you want to use with your barb right off the bat. You don't want to play a short range caster character, you don't want to play a frenzy terror/WW type character, you want to play a strict melee character that stands next to someone and bashes them. Then you turn around and say that the skills required to play that very limited style you want don't feel good to you thus it's Blizzards fault?

I rejected one skill.

Melee may seem to you like a "very limited" build, but it was one third of the game in the original iteration of this franchise. That's the game I enjoyed more, by far, and I believe it is perfectly fair game to desire more of that type of experience from the franchise.

D3 has made many nods to D1. Blizzard has gone out of their way to make sure D3 isn't just a D2 clone, but draws on D1 lore, atmosphere and gameplay for inspirations. To me, the leap from there to wondering if they actually managed to reproduce anything at all resembling D1 Warrior play seems like fair game as well. But alas, if that was part of their intent, they have so far come up short -- and they need to know it, so they can work toward their goal. If they don't care, then much of their talk turns out to have been nothing more than marketing BS. The jury is still out. My criticism has more behind it than complaining for its own sake.

- Sirian

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Sirian - 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM