Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-01-2012, 03:16 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 02:21 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: As for D3, potions need to suck less.
I'd like to reduce the cool down just a tad (10 seconds would probably do it). So far, the biggest battle I've relied on them was Diablo phase II (after returning from terror). It was hard to stay close enough to something to recover life, and not enough health orbs. I ended up relying on leaping for the health wells when I could, and waiting (praying) I would survive until I could suck down another potion.

If potions were to change I would prefer they do it with an addition ala the Blacksmith. Alchemist? You could advance this crafter to open up passive attributes your potions would inherantly get. This could be something as simple as lowering the cooldown of them by a few seconds or it could be something similar to Path of Exile where for a short time after you use a potion you get bonuses to damage, armor, or resistances.

This gives players another option of how they want to spec their character. You want to go straight up melee tank? Ok, what potion passive do you take? Straight up CD reduction? How about +Armor for 10 seconds after use? What if there is a passive that changes your potions so that it's not a direct heal but a HoT over 10 seconds and during that 10 seconds you gain something like 10% max health (which would make you want to actually use the potion before a battle instead of reactively.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Chesspiece_face - 06-01-2012, 03:24 AM