Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-02-2012, 10:50 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I would also like to point out that the game seems so much easier solo. I tried to finish hell act 2 in solo and not even a single potion was needed against Belial. Everything else crumbled easily. My thinking is that the damage and extra health in multiplayer games for monsters just doesn't scale well enough and is too much for many characters to survive. In this case, it might be that multiplayer scaling is broken and doesn't offer the rewards to keep up with it-- I mean the bonus exp is moot after 60.
The lack of followers to compensate isn't very helpful either.

I'm finding this the case on my monk (mid-way through Act 1 Inferno). I do decent/pretty-ok solo, and often get wtfpwned with even just one other person in the game (note: I'm also basing this on experiences in Act 4 Hell after hitting 60, not just Inferno).

I've hit up the AH extensively and my gear is quasi-decent at this point (shield with 1-hander, 63% DR from armor, 27% resists, just a tick under 50k health, 9632 damage in the character window), but it seems like it's just a penalty to play with friends after 60, which pretty well sucks Sad They need to either rebalance multiplayer mob health and damage output, or add some other incentive for max-level characters to group.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Apostolic - 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM