Are there any sites with good boss AI and ability descriptions?
I have not seen such a thing, but that is what The Lounge is all about. We can pool out knowledge.

Rakanoth was giving me trouble today too. He has an attack that does absurd damage and cannot be dodged. Roland joined me and put out enough DPS that he did not have enough time to get to that attack Tongue

As best I can tell, Rakanoth has the following special attacks in addition to simple melee ones:
1) a whirlwind breath that hits roughly a 90 degree arc in front of him (he can turn just before attacking). This seems to have medium range, and their are (randomly located) gaps in it.
2) a breath attack that hits all around him, at random points. This also seems to be mid-range, and two of those tongue minions spawn (forget the creature name).
3) a teleport. If you are close, he teleports away; if you are far, he teleports to you. The teleport towards has an instant attack, but can be Dodged/Blocked, or avoided with things like Smoke Screen or absorbed with Crystal Skin.

As far as I can tell, he mixes these up fairly randomly, though he always uses (1) followed by (2) or (3). I have never seen (2) and (3) sequential, nor any move used twice in a row. He also seems to be immune to control effects (eg Stun). I tried the `just outside melee range' trick a couple of times, but sometimes after he teleports away he would teleport towards and attack before I could get back into range. For a Wizard, Teleport would have allowed the instant closing of the gap needed.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any sites with good boss AI and ability descriptions? - by Elric of Grans - 06-08-2012, 10:49 AM