Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
Yeah, in playing around with the character builder on the D3 site, Galv Ward, Illusionist, and Temporal Flux struck me as the "duh" choices for passives. They look the best on paper, anyhow. Evocation is the only other one that looked appealing to me at all. Maybe something like http://tinyurl.com/87lsplw where there's three sources of Arcane damage to work with Flux, nothing costs over 20 AP, and your signature spell generates 4 AP (I don't know numerically exactly how many max AP L60 Wizards have, but I know the armour I picked lowers it by 20 and I see skills that cost 60) so it seemed in theory that you'd be more likely to run into issues with cooldowns than running out of AP with any major frequency.

Question - if you used Mirror Image with Mirror Mimics, would they gain the benefit of your Temporal Flux, or just the 10% damage? If they gain the benefit, that might be better than the 2 second stun from Mocking Demise.

The Prismatic Armour rune is the only thing over L45, too, so most of the build falls into place before Inferno, getting time to practise in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by ViralSpiral - 06-08-2012, 02:04 PM