First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too)
(06-09-2012, 12:29 AM)Ashock Wrote: Melee is perfectly viable, in Act 3, 4, 5 or 6. As long as you like farming the AH. If you play pure or at the very least rarely look at the AH, you will not go past Act1. Period. Well, I am speaking mostly on behalf of Barbs, but Monks seem to be in the same boat, although my view on them is based 100% on reading the forums and playing a few public games with them, with no high lvl personal experience.

That barb that killed Belial didn't get his gear by shopping on the AH, because the hardcore AH at the time didn't have the kind of gear he needed. So, he and some friends spent several days goblin farming in Act 1 and got they gear they all needed to proceed. Nothing is stopping you from doing the same. If you find that boring (and I would), then you can farm other parts of Act I and get the gear you want and have the experience of actually fighting things and having neph stacks. But the fact is that you can get the items you need to proceed, if you choose to take the time to do it.

If you choose to not use the AH, and this is entirely your choice mind you, it means you need to take more time farming up the gear you need. This is fine. It just means it'll take you several weeks longer to beat the game than people who short circuit the process and use the AH. Frankly, I think it would be more fun to find items yourself than to use the AH, but that's an entirely personal decision.

And we already know that things are going to get easier when 1.0.3 comes along, so all of this is really a moot point. Higher level gear will start dropping in Act 1 and the mobs are going to be easier. I expect everyone in Inferno now will be farming Act IV Inferno within a week of 1.0.3's release.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too) - by MongoJerry - 06-09-2012, 02:05 AM