Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-08-2012, 09:23 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247...hot019.jpg

I ran into this as my monk and died instantly. Wonder what a demon hunter if they ran into this would think besides "Why do I play this game?" :p

This might go easier if you had one of the monk skills which move a jail. I have real issues playing with an ally. They just aren't that useful. Even earthen isn't that useful, since +10% health gives you zero mitigation or healing.

You might try with FoT / thunderclap or Dashing strike to move the jail, or even SSS to have a few seconds of immunity to weave in with your other cooldowns and it should be significantly more manageable.

Dashing strike has the advantage of seeming to always put you at the rear of a monster. You can abuse this on desecrator / jailer to flip sides when jailed or fire chains when surrounded. You can also "blink" through arcane beams as tehy come around by targeting the ground. The game won't let you teleport very far unless you have a target, but it's plenty far to completely avoid damage from arcane beams if you have any sense of timing. I use the 10 spirit rune of this on my right click, and I use it a LOT to avoid significant damage from elites, and it speeds up killing the non-elites.

The fire chains packs seem to have some kind of script that seeks to surround you to get you in the chains. However, once you let them do this once, they seem to act like normal monsters from then on out. I will let them surround me, then blink through them and then I'll be able to better corral them into a formation where I'm not taking chains damage.

I've also used it on bees to avoid some of the missiles, though I always seem to take at least one or two hits if I go STRAIGHT through. I try to move more to the side first.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Concillian - 06-09-2012, 07:56 PM