First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too)
See, the whole "Hell is the last difficulty and you don't have to play Inferno" thing, as much as Buzzard tries to say, will fall on deaf ears because it simply doesn't work like that. And just because it was intended, doesn't mean it was sound either.

Did you have to beat Uber Tristram in D2 to get some of the best items in the game? Uber Diablo? No. Yes, there were 2 special charms that you couldn't get elsewhere, but for the majority of hell mode, you could easily find the very best items in the game. It wasn't even needed to reach the official end of the game to find the grand majority of godly items. This isn't currently possible in Diablo III. And thus beating hell mode feels like the game is incomplete. And if you can't get the best items in the game, then the shiny new Auction House feature will feel worthless, as you realize that the items you found are literally, worthless.

I think the argument that "You didn't have to play through hell mode in Diablo 2" is stronger than "You don't have to play Inferno in Diablo 3", really. And thus, if I were to apply the Inferno argument to Uber Trist, that would make sense because it was never meant to be part of the regular game. You can have almost perfect characters and gear without entering it at all. And potentially just trade for the charms.... Can you tell me that with a straight face that you can trade Hell gear for Inferno gear?

I'm sure a lot of people just want to make the game so they can roflstomp it, but really, a lot of the game revolves around gear. Diablo has long revolved around gear. I mean there's already a lack of customization for the character. And thus "the game ends at Hell" just doesn't work for the majority of people because this isn't fun. I mean what else is there to do after 60? You only have 10 character slots unless you want to buy another copy. Even if you were to replay the game with different other builds, you'd have to delete a slot you invested time into playing.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too) - by Archon_Wing - 06-09-2012, 11:46 PM