US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
(06-29-2012, 02:30 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Then I think everyone would opt to get everything possible.

"The federal government estimates that 70 percent of health-care expenditures are spent on the elderly, 80 percent of that in the last month of life -- and often for aggressive, life-sustaining care that is futile."

Either we are discussing apples and oranges, or you misunderstand the Canadian healthcare system and my opinion on how healthcare should operate in a first-world country. I cannot walk into my doctor's office and demand a free MRI just because "free healthcare". Doctors have the ultimate say on what treatment is administered (as I said more than once in my previous post).

I visit my doctor for checkups or when I have a medical issue. He decides on treatment, and that's it. I can discuss optional treatments with him, but my doctor is the ultimate arbiter.

People with access to free healthcare do not rush to their closest hospital for whatever free stuff they can get. They go there when they need to, because no one likes going to a hospital.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by DeeBye - 06-29-2012, 03:21 AM