US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
(07-06-2012, 10:29 PM)Jester Wrote: ...The day Ross Douthat provides me with a strong argument...
Ok. forget it. Defending them is not where I want to spend any energy, nor should I, since I'm not really in their camp.

I pulled out some thoughts from that article in the spectator on the increasing incivility in our society. I don't want to argue about the impeachability of the source -- we agree he's controversial -- we agree he either crosses or get darn close to crossing the line. I've seen him speak, and defend himself. Sorry, I don't believe he's a racist. You can, that's fine with me.

Let me point at other sources that suggest our society has a problem with civility and vulgarity which (maybe) are less impeachable by you...

The Super-Sexualization of Children: Time to Take Notice by Fred Kaeser, Ed.D., is the former director of health for the NYC Department of Education. He is the author of What Your Child Needs To Know About Sex (And When).

The Webs Dark Secret. Newsweek (Norland & Bartholet, 2001)

Civility is Golden - Kathleen Parker, Washington Post

Profanity in Media Associated With Attitudes and Behavior Regarding Profanity Use and Aggression Sarah M. Coyne, Laura A. Stockdale, David A. Nelson, Ashley Fraser. Pediatrics, 2011; DOI: 10.1542/peds.2011-1062
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by kandrathe - 07-08-2012, 12:09 AM