US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
(07-09-2012, 11:40 PM)kandrathe Wrote: As a parent, what do you do with this?

I take my son to Burger King and we eat our Whoppers while watching Spongbob, because that commercial was awesome. I don't even like Whoppers.

Now I'm sure you meant to show a link between marketing to kids (Spongebob and Burger King) and using sexuality to do so (the parody of the original song), but the commercial you linked removed pretty much every sexual connotation that the original song has and replaced it with something hilarious to kids. Square butts are funny to children - imagine if Real People had them! Seriously, none of the women in the video were dancing or dressed in a sexual way. It's equivalent to fart jokes.

Square butts Smile

(07-09-2012, 11:40 PM)kandrathe Wrote: No. I'm complaining because it seems that I get dragged into a talk on sexual things at least weekly now.

Other Lurkers can correct me if I'm wrong with my impression here. You seem to post "solutions" to problems mostly by saying "society must change to meet my wants and needs and here's a lot of links to stuff that supports my view that society must change" but none of it actually boils down to real and practical solutions that are actually feasible within the framework of the society we live in.

Also, you reply to the talks of sexual things so people reply to your replies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by DeeBye - 07-10-2012, 04:11 AM